Friday, September 17, 2010

fixer-upper

So, I keep thinking that I'm not really in the knitting world much anymore, but then I realize how untrue that is. I may not be devoting quite as much time to thinking about it/doing it lately, but it's still definitely a part of every day, even if just in some small way. I'm making good progress on my Lacy Baktus now, getting a kick out of the ever-shorter rows on the second half.

Meanwhile, my mom finished another Juno Regina recently and was thrilled with it until she stretched it out for blocking and noticed this:

Ack! It's just one broken yarn strand, though, so a fairly easy fix, as Vanna White'd here by nephew Zach:

Ending up with a beautiful alpaca scarf w/ beads, to be given to a friend, just because.

Anybody remember Northern Exposure? I used to get a kick out of that show, so I watched some old episodes lately. Had to smile when I saw Marilyn happily and peacefully knitting while Joel bounced off the walls of their office.


Looking forward to the Fiber Twist at Coventry Farmers' Market this weekend! Come say hi!

Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Rani said...

I love that baktus pattern. It's a great little piece.

I have not thought about that show in years! I used to love it. And leave it to you to find the knitting scene.

The stole is beautiful - the hole would have put me over the edge. Panic would have set it.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wheres leah? she hasn't been in any posts lately.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Nebraska Knitter said...

I love Northern Exposure. I had forgotten that Marilyn knits.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home