Tuesday, September 07, 2010

a weather study

In the past week, we've had...

Hazy.

This is my kids parasailing off of Cape Cod last Tuesday. Not a bad way to spend the first day of (not) school. ;-) Leah has since decided she'd like to check out the school scene this year, so off she'll go this Fri. Should be interesting for all of us.

Hot.

Me and two of my bestest friends from the past, chillin' in the shade, catching up, and having a blast. Which, BTW, means that we have visited with/heard from/talked to six of the eight people in our wedding party (19 years ago) within the past two weeks. Good friends, those.

Rain.

RainBOW, to be more precise. Pic snapped while at a stop light.



Perfection.
The past few days have been simply gorgeous. I cranked out a good bit of sock knitting during an outdoor zydeco concert last week and the rocket club's launch in NY on Saturday, and have otherwise been working on a Sipalu bag. I chose my own colors and it's not working out quite like I hoped, but I'm going to keep knitting and see what happens. I hope to finish the side band tonight and will take a pic once I make some progress on the front face of it.

But now, it's sunny and breezy and I'm heading for a good walk in the woods. Catch y'all later!
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Rani said...

What beautiful pictures. A nice representation of the last few days.

Going off to school? wow. can't wait to hear how that goes.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Susan aka paintermom said...

Sounds wonderful! Feel like meeting up at Old Sturbridge Village? I want to go but my kids are being sticks-in-the-mud and don't want to go. I have had a rough couple of weeks (two funerals and a new Lyme diagnosis in my ds10) and could use an outing.

You can reach me either at Rav (paintermom) or email slevitinart AT msn.com.

Susan

10:17 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Gotta love the weather in New England!

Good luck to Leah on her new adventure!

11:08 AM  
Blogger ChristineMM said...

Debbie you look fantastic. In shock about Leah wanting to try school. Wow.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home