Saturday, August 21, 2010

tweaks

The Goob sewed herself yet another 18th century outfit, which she wore at the farmers' market last weekend.

Her junior docent job for the day was to take payment from people who wanted a horse drawn carriage ride, but in between tending customers, she did a good bit of spinning.

Each time she makes another outfit, she tries a little tweak -- changing the pleats, adding some tucks, inserting a ruffle. This time, she chose to do a pleated ribbon edge.

While at the market, I got a visit from a blog reader. Paintermom :::hi Susan!::: and her daughter popped down from Massachusetts because they know a fun time when they see pics of it.

Meanwhile, since knitting myself a sweater seems kind of silly right now, I got an itch to make something else. I didn't want to buy the 17 skeins of yarn it calls for, so I challenged myself to come up with a similar color scheme from my stash. I started with the recommended color names, matched them with skeins that I had, and then tweaked things a little bit (my camel/bark is more of a light and medium gray than browns, for instance).

Any guesses what this project will be?

With that, I'm off to knit for the remainder of the evening, as there are entirely too many WIPs on the needles for me to be comfortable with starting yet another project. Need to clear a few projects out before casting on for this new one. Luckily, a coral reef documentary awaits.
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger LaurieM said...

Not a clue on the sweater, but I do like that pleated ribbon edge.

4:40 AM  
Blogger Faith said...

I LOVE seeing the outfits your daughter makes!

Ummm....could your secret project be some sort of a multi-colored worsted weight shawl?

11:40 AM  
Blogger Rani said...

No idea, but it promises to be interesting.

That ribbon edging is breathtaking. She is really, truly talented. My goodness.

ps. Would you believe, my mother-in-law has an old Icelandic upright spinning wheel that was her grandmothers! It's from over 100 years old! And she can't part with it (not that I asked - I had my husband feel her out). It hasn't been touched since her mother used it. OH! I am just dying to look at it! I don't think she trusts me with such a valuable heirloom. BUT, I'm the only knitter in the family. Pray for me. (wink wink)

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Taco Recipes said...

Great sharre

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home