Monday, April 28, 2008

short but sweet

Great day in Northampton yesterday to see the Yarn Harlot at Webs. Yummy falafel with new friends and visits with many others as approx. 1,000 of us romped between Webs and the Calvin Theater. Didn't realize it at the time, but caught our friends Jean and Bart in the background when I snapped Leah's pic with Stephanie.

It didn't hurt that everywhere you turned outside, the trees and shrubs and perennials looked a lot like Scott's watercolor flower garden beads. The air was cool, but the sun was shining. Such a festive outdoor atmosphere to match the festive mood of the day.
When we were unpacking from the CT Sheep and Wool Festival the day before, I noticed quite a few sets of buttons that I don't remember seeing before. Scott must have made them while I was out at a client's office this winter. I need to get good shots of these sets soon and put them up on Etsy.
We were caught a bit short-handed on the sheepie bead stitch markers this weekend, so Scott sat down this morning to get some more underway. Next thing I know, he plops these little cuties on my desk. I think one of them looks like he's been visiting with our friend Kris at The Painted Sheep!


Christina in California: I think the tree Jesse is yoyo-ing under at CT Sheep and Wool is a weeping cherry. I agree that they're beautiful!


Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

Great picture of Leah and Stephanie!! It was so nice to see you in person yesterday!

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG. I have to have a set of the sheep bead stitch markers. I.will.die.if.I.can't.have.them.literally.

Leah is adorable, as always. :-)

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! I saw Leah's pic on Stephanie's blog and I had a giggle! Lucky girl! Isn't Stephanie a hoot to see live?

8:49 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Thanks for the tree ID; a weeping cherry isn't one that we commonly see here on the coast.

I've enjoyed reading your blog for a while. We homeschool our daughter too and we like to read about your family's crafty activities, so thank you for sharing. (And congrats to Leah on her beautiful sweater!)

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to meet you in the lineup at the Harlot event. (I was wearing the Yarn Ho sweatshirt).

Did you/Leah end up buying that pink/purple cotton on the cone? I can't wait to see the pics of the sweater/top that she makes with it.
Hopefully our paths will cross again soon.

Those sheep are awesome!

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so great to spend the afternoon with you guys! Did you end up getting anything fun? I bid adieu to you right after my Misti Alpaca purchase - so as not to be tempted to buy more.

I LOVE those sheep markers. I hope he makes a lot. I would like a set, and to buy some for gifts!

12:15 PM  
Blogger thepaintedsheep said...

I want the sheep bead! It IS my logo, in glass! Love it! Wouldn't it be fun on a necklace, with my shirt? When can I get one?

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home