Thursday, April 10, 2008

glove love


Pattern: Karendipity's Hand Painted Gloves

Yarn: Koigu handpainted and Dale of Norway Baby Ull

Needles: size 1 circular, magic loop style

What I love: The long cuffs. Different pattern on each finger. The braid at the edge of the cuff.

What I learned: Color dominance. I had ignored this concept until now, but the handpainted yarn was really dominating the navy on the cuff of the first (right) glove, so I learned the "lift to the left" phrase to remind me that the contrasting yarn should be held in my left hand and it was smooth sailing from there.

Changes to pattern: I did my usual long tail cast-on because I couldn't figure out the 2-color cast-on described on the pattern. Otherwise, I followed the pattern as written and it was fabulous.

I liked knitting this pattern enough to start a 2nd pair for my sister. I'm 1/3 of the way through the 2nd glove of that pair and loving the results there too.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

OMG (make sure the G is for gosh)! I am in awe. The colorwork is stunning, as usual. That is the one knitting skill that yet eludes me. But I did pick up a Fair Isle Tam book and some yarn awhile back to use while learning. Too bad the spinning wheel and sewing machine have taken over the mojo.

However, those gloves may shift the balance of power back to knitting! WOW!

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home