Friday, October 08, 2010

so long, old friend

This week was a tough one. We had to say goodbye to our 11-year-old furry friend, Kodi, whose spinal stenosis made her unable to do the stairs in our house on her own for more than a year and had lost control of her bowel and bladder. It was the right time, but that doesn't make it any easier. In case you never got to meet her or just wanted to be reminded of how sweet she is, at the bottom of this post is a video of our gentle giant playing with nephew's dog, Squirt. Watch to the end for a good laugh -- such a tough watchdog! We all miss her quirky ways, her twinkle toes, and the white eyelashes around her big brown eyes.

:::deep breath:::

Meanwhile, my mom is working on a pretty scarf...

and it is the beginning of another
beautiful autumn in New England...

and we know friendly farmers
who like to share the abundance, as do we,



and this weekend is chock full of funstuff,
including going out with an old friend and a new one tonight,
so forward we go with lots to smile about
even though the tears spill out a little easier than we might like.


Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

Anonymous CTJen said...

So sorry you had to say goodbye to a dear friend. It's hard. (((HUGS)))

5:33 PM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My son and I just watched Kodi playing and we both enjoyed how gentle she was with the little dog. She must have been a wonderful companion.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Rani said...

Oh, I am so sad to hear the news. I watched the video - you nailed it - the gentle giant. What a beautiful dog. I am sorry you have to go through it. Sometimes I found myself wondering if it was worth it, but then, of course it is. Here's to Kodi - we'll raise our glasses tonight to your dear old friend.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Faith said...

I am so sorry for your loss. That is always so hard. :-( {{{Hugs}}}

1:21 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

My condolences to your family. Kodi was a special dog. I'm glad I got to meet her. They're never with us for long enough, but I consider the tears I shed when they leave more than fair trade for the joy they bring into our lives.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Kodi. It's so devastating to lose a pet. Big hugs to all of you.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

So sorry about your Kodi. Dogs are the best friends. :)

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Cecile Pages said...

Thanks for postting this

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home