Saturday, June 19, 2010

time to fess up

I guess it was bound to happen eventually. People are noticing. I've been kind of absent from my own blog. (Really, Deb, nothing but an afghan square since the baby sweater in April? What is WRONG with you?!)

Yup, it's true. I haven't been knitting so much. Instead, I've been trekking miles a day, eating raw foods (which, btw, is not just nibbling rabbit food. for instance, father's day dinner tomorrow is falafel wraps w/ key lime pie for dessert -- all raw, all healthy), learning how to live an entirely different lifestyle, and loving every minute of it.

The up side? There's less of me. Quite a bit less. Enough less that when I walked into a client's office yesterday for the first time in a few months, there were gasps and everybody gathered around to compliment the changes. And my joints don't ache anymore, and my lifelong headaches and migraines have gone *poof*, and my skin is softer, and I don't need lip balm ever, and my energy level is through the roof. And I'm not done yet. Only about halfway there, but even half is a big improvement.

The down side? Well, the handknits, um...

They need a new home. Not this green one, nope. This one is going directly into the trash because I can't be bothered to finish it, even though all that's left to do is attach the sleeves, cut the steek, and knit the button band and collar. I butchered this project since the beginning. I was already losing weight when I started knitting it and even hinted that it was probably doomed from the start when I said it'll be a miracle if it ever gets finished. So into the trash it'll go. No problem.

But I have two other sweaters that are available to anybody who can put them to use: the Garden Patch cardigan (chest 54", length 24") and the Watercolors cardigan (chest 56", length 28"). Both have pretty, pretty glass buttons made by you know who. If you'd like one or both, or know somebody who would, please get in touch (email in my profile). All the other clothes and even some shoes (who knew I could lose enough weight in my feet to change how my shoes fit?) have already gone to Goodwill, but I'd really like to find the handknits a good home directly.

With that, I'm off to pull on my walking shoes and head out on this glorious day. Even though I'm not doing so much making of stuff lately, check back in soon because I just took pics of three of Leah's most recenty finished objects. She's a crafter on fire!
Posted by Picasa

12 Comments:

Anonymous amy said...

Congratulations!! I admit I enjoy hot things in winter too much to ever go for raw foods, but I've been gluten free (except for accidents) for about three months now. I'm actually gaining weight--which is a good thing, in my case!

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I suspected as much when I saw you Sunday - you look great :)

2:40 PM  
Anonymous CTJen said...

Wow! I hardly recognize you! And a raw foodist to boot. Wow!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Delaney's Duds said...

Go Girl!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Rani said...

I'm speechless. I'm so absolutely happy for you - and your health. What a feat! And yeah, throw out that old sweater - it's got bad karma. (nice cables, though).

Congratulations. You've earned every single pound of it!!!!!

9:03 PM  
Anonymous random Cindy said...

Good for you! Congrats for sticking with changes that are making you feel good. You couldn't save the cables somehow?

11:26 PM  
Blogger ChristineMM said...

Fantastic!

I want to see a picture without a too-big sweater in front of you!

And so happy for the better health feelings you're having!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Look at you! I want to see more pics! You go Deb!

7:15 AM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

Wonderful!!! What a wonderful reason to ditch a sweater. :)

11:17 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

WTG! Ironic because Eldest Sister is now working at a raw foods restaurant and I've been experimenting with the diet. Glad to know that it is so successful.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Wow, good for you! So happy that you are feeling better and you look great, too! Congratulations.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Love 2Bs said...

So you were blogging for more people than you thought! ;-)

Glad to see you are continuing successfully on this new path you've set for yourself. You look even thinner than when I saw you last month.

I'd love either sweater if you still have them, but do especially like the Garden Patch one :-)

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home