Friday, May 21, 2010

time traveling seamstress

Current day.

Needed a little something for over her cami this morning,
so she made an unstructured vest with angular hem,
finished by giving it a tug to cause the
knit fabric to roll at the edges.

---

Late 18th century.

A top to wear when she's working
at the Nathan Hale Homestead.
Same pattern as the other top, but
meant for warmer weather, so ruffled modesty panel
added to neckline and shorter sleeves.

Flared at the side seams with triangular inserts
and an inverted pleat (right? is that what it's called?)
in the back. Such a stylish
Revolutionary War era young woman.

Happy weekend, everybody!

Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Faith said...

Cute! I am especially enamored with the 18th century shirt. I would totally wear that in the "present day" as well! :)

9:31 AM  
Blogger Rani said...

Hey! My 11 year old son just played Nathan Hale in a school play of sorts. AND he was the best. He used an accent and wrote his own lines. He really got into the whole thing! How fun. I'll have to show him this post.

wearin' my chicken necklace. it makes me smile.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home