Thursday, June 14, 2007

Garden Patch


Design: Garden Patch from Philosopher's Wool, in Peacock colorway.
Started mid-February and completed mid-June 2007.
Knit in the round on size 3 and 7 circular needles.
Accidental twist in the cast-on, salvaged by a mini-steek.
Final steek done at a knit night.
Rheos buttons from Glastonbury Glassworks, who will make me 2 more soon.

This is the second Philosopher's Wool design I've made. Unlike the first, I was not nuts about this one from the start. I was not sure I liked the browns in the colorway. I was not sure I liked the purl row bumps. I messed up with a twist in the cast-on. I wasn't sure if I'd keep it or give it away or if I should even bother knitting it. But I kept on knitting while I pondered and evaluated these things. Exactly like the first, the pattern was easy and fun to follow. I'd even call it a fast knit because, I swear, it just sort of appeared. I still didn't even know if I liked it, but both sleeves were finished, so then I figured I might as well knit the rest of it. Lovin' the process all the way. And now that it's all the way finished, I like it a lot. There have even been a few surprisingly cool days lately, so I've had a chance to wear it...everywhere. :-)
Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

I LOVE it Debbie! Great colors! And, as luck would have it, it's certainly been chilly enough for you to wear it!

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Love 2Bs said...

Wow, what a beauty. The sweater too ;-)

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks great! No wonder you're happy with it!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

So gorgeous! I love the colors. They do a great job with their color selections but your knitting rocks!

Wish it were chilly here, though! Bet our warm weather heads your way soon, though.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home