Sunday, June 13, 2010

soccer mom

This week, I was as close to being a soccer mom from the 'burbs as I'll ever be. Except it was lacrosse, not soccer, and I'm the uncle, not the mom. (Yes, uncle. My nephew Zach has other uncles, but I'm his only aunt. When he was a wee little dude, he called me Uncle Debbie and it stuck.) Z's team is undefeated this season and lacrosse is a hella fun sport to watch, so we were out for a playoff game earlier this week and then to Mass. for a big playoff tourney yesterday. In the rain. Still fun! And they won! Championship game today, but we'll have to miss that one because of a farmers' market.

It was chilly as the sun was going down at the game earlier this week, so Leah wore her favorite slouchy hat, knit from the yarn leftovers bag with alternating sections of stockinette and reverse stockinette. Cozy, scrunchy, funky.

On the rare occasions when we turn on the tube lately, we're enjoying a series of Miss Marple DVDs. I showed her knitterly hands here last week, but here's a shot from another show where she's knitting and sleuthing again.

Otherwise, there's a whole lot of farmers' market and brick oven stuff going on 'round here. Crappy phone pic of Most Excellent honey whole wheat bread. New recipes, new signs, new displays, new containers, new health dept. hoops through which we have to jump. It's all good, though, and will get easier as we settle into the new season. The scent of garlic Parmesan bread in the oven is wafting up to my office right now and we're off to a market in a couple of hours, so I better get hopping to help load up. Happy weekend, everybody!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't wait to see you at the market!

6:21 AM  
Blogger Rani said...

Fun lacrosse stuff. My oldest just started playing and I'm a little surprised at how violent it is.

Nice hat, too.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Nicole played lacrosse this year and we had a great time watching them. Only problem is that the game moved so fast I never had time to knit!

I can smell that bread from here.

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home