Thursday, May 13, 2010

since we last talked

Whoo boy, I feel like it's been forever since I wrote a blog post. I suppose that's because there was a 5-day trip to Pittsburgh tucked in between, for my Gram's memorial celebration (which was perfect in every way) and dismantling of her apartment. While my mom, sister, and I were working on clearing things out, Scott and the kids also managed to hit up a Pittsburgh Pirates game, the always fabulous Carnegie Science Center, and the new-to-us Sportsworks, where they climbed and soared and bounced and flipped!

Hey, when this family spiffs up,
it's worthy of a snapshot.
We're not really in as much pain as it might appear;
just rushed and a lot going on around us.
Now we're back at home and gearing up for the summer farmers' market season. Leah finished sewing one of her outfits for her work at the Nathan Hale Homestead. Skirt, top, scarf, apron, bloomers, and chemise, all handsewn and ready to go! The skirt used to be a duvet cover, the apron and bloomers a sheet, and the top was some nearly-vintage fabric she found in my stash. Now she's working on a lighter weight top to wear when the weather gets warmer.

BTW, the seamstress is turning 12 years old today. Woot!

We're also making a square each (mine on the left, hers on the right) to contribute to a friendship afghan that will be sent to a member of the New England Textile Arts group who owns a yarn shop and has supported the group's charitable efforts for years. This generous woman suffered a stroke recently and many people wanted to do something for her, so what better than to wrap a knitter in knitterly love?
Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Anonymous CTJen said...

Happy Birthday to Leah! <3

12:05 PM  
Blogger ChristineMM said...

Love to see the whole family together in one photo. You look fantastic.

Happy Birthday to Leah!

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back I missed you. Happy Birthday to Leah.
Debbie R.

8:13 PM  
Anonymous random Cindy said...

Happy Belated Birthday Leah. Mine was on Monday. I"m old enough not to care to post my age!

10:42 PM  
Blogger J said...

The family photo is a keeper.--The family is a keeper.
I started my square yesterday at an animal fundraiser Stephanie was working. In fact the yarn I am using I bought at the first SPA I attended. Stirred memories.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Faith said...

The family picture is beautiful.

I cannot get over Leah's sewing prowess! I love her creativity!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Great family photo! Happy Birthday Leah!!

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home