Saturday, February 03, 2007

progress but no proof

I've been doing quite a bit of working in offices this week, so that means I've also been doing quite a bit of knitting. ;-) But I gots nothin' to show you.

See, I'm thiiis close to finishing Leah's sweater. The shoulder seams have been finished with a 3-needle bind-off. I tested a machine-sewn steek on a swatch because I was unsure how that would work with this slick cotton and tencel. All good there. It was chugging along beautifully and I even bound off the sleeves. But then -- SCREECH -- HALT! -- then it occurred to me that the little ruffly edging I had imagined all along might not be very flattering across her midsection and it might be a pain in the butt to have fluffy ruffles at the wrists. So I changed the plan to a picot edge...because lately I'm all about the picot edge. But the picot edge is not as long as the ruffle-in-my-imagination was, so now the sleeves are too short. So I un-bound-off (?) the sleeves and am in the process of making them longer. I'll figure out how to handle the length of the sweater's body later.

Then there's my cardigan knit from Scott's handspun. I'm almost done with the second sleeve and still super duper happy with this whole thing. The yarn itself has a lot going on, so I chose to knit it in simple stockinette. Fast and fun, but not worth a picture because it looks pretty much like the last picture, except the sleeve is longer and now there are two of them. Given the abundance of work- and play-time in our lives lately, I'm pretty psyched with the two weeks, two sleeves rate of progress.

Oh, hey, lookie who's on the Philosopher's Wool Picture Yourself Here page! I've, uh, been in touch with them a little bit lately and finally got around to sending in the pic of my finished Tradition sweater.

Meanwhile, Leah has cast on for her first stranded knitting (two colors, one held in each hand) project. By the end of today, I think there will be enough done to snap a picture.

And by the end of this weekend, there's a mighty fine possibility that the one person in this family who has not used knitting needles will finally succumb to the allure and be assimilated by the knitborg. Better yet, he asked for it. heh heh...

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Sounds like a very productive knitting time. It amazes me how much we can accomplish by using those snippets of time otherwise wasted. Hoowah! I'm also impressed by your creative solutions when re-designing on the fly.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home