Wednesday, January 10, 2007

IB4T!



From top left: me at 9 and 12 months (1968), crocheting in the 70s, wearing my first handknit sweater in the 80s, stitching through the 90s (mine is the sampler in the top right corner), and onward and upward in the 2000s

Today I am celebrating my 40th birthday in the best possible way I can imagine. This includes doing the work I enjoy, for clients I respect; and then turning my attention to stitching, knitting, stained glass, and maybe even a little fun with wood and a lathe (newest obsession-in-progress); punctuated by calls, mail, and visits from people I love. I can't wait to see what fun the next 40 years will bring!


Live as if you were to die tomorrow,
learn as if you were to live forever.
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!

I am envious of your crocheting abilities.

I tried once, and thought my head was going to explode!

2:14 PM  
Blogger DesertGirl said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY my dear friend Preppie!!!

I love you in that purple sweater. I swear I had a little flash back!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Love 2B Homeschoolers said...

"Learning and sex until rigor mortis."
- Maggie Kuhn

Happy 40th - welcome to the club!

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday and many, many, many blessed returns!

12:50 PM  
Blogger ChristineMM said...

Love the photo collage and the history!

We are the same age.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home