Tuesday, November 23, 2010

-11"

I was holding off on knitting myself a replacement sweater or two because my current size is only temporary, but then I decided I should just get over it and dive in, especially given that this week is traditionally one of the most mellow of the year for my workload and I'm about ready for some quiet time at home.

The Minimalist Cardigan seems like a good choice -- easy pattern, informal style -- especially with a cable modification up the front instead of the rolling stockinette stitch panel. I rummaged through the stash and chose 3 cones of mystery wool ($6 total) scored in the weavers' guild tag sale bonanza a couple of years ago. A little swatching to settle on yarn weight (I'm knitting 2 strands together) and needle size, and we're off and running. No clue if I have enough yarn, but I don't really care.


The tweedy yarn might be too much in competition with the cables, but it's pleasant knitting, so I'll stay the course for now. Besides, the current sweater size is 11 inches smaller than I used to wear (woot!), so I'm choosing to believe that this wayyyyy smaller sweater will fly off the needles.

Meanwhile, there are beautiful brisk walks to be had and I'm even aiming for a bike ride later today, but later this evening, I have a date with a movie and a Minimalist.

---
p.s. Anybody know why my spacing is off lately, with the sidebar so far off to the right? I thought it was because of a wide youtube video that was here for a while, but I made it smaller and it's now slipped into the archived pages anyway, yet the spacing remains funky. Code geeks, help?
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger LaurieM said...

-11" That's awesome! Almost a whole foot. I agree that you deserve a sweater now.

BTW - your spacing looks fine to me. Using Firefox browser.

4:08 PM  
Blogger amy said...

Congrats!! That's a whole lot of inches. Yes, I'm sure the sweater will fly off the needles in comparison!

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Debbie. Happy Thanksgiving!
Can't wait to see your new sweater grow.
Debbie R.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home