Saturday, October 30, 2010

one foot in front of the other

During last night's walk:
Who's the most colorfully mismatched knitter hoofing it along the sidewalk?

Three cheers for knitwear season!

Turned the corner onto Main St. and I was so pleased to see this:

The yarn store in my town has never been my favorite. It was always messy, disorganized, overcrowded, dreary. And I always felt like I was interrupting something private when I went there. Still, they had some awesome sales and yummy yarns and came in handy when I didn't want to make the longer trek to my usual/favorite LYS. Unfortunately, this store suffered water damage a few months ago, so it closed down for renovations. I'm psyched to see that they're giving the place a complete overhaul. That sheep sign in the front window says reopening is expected in 2-3 weeks. That ought to be fun.

Meanwhile, have I mentioned that Stitches East is happening 10 min. from my house again this year? I wasn't planning on going, as the whole atmosphere of the thing didn't thrill me last year, but the Goob wanted to go, so we will spend the afternoon there. I told Scott that I might buy some yarn. He laughed.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous CTJen said...

Have fun at Stitches! I wish I could go, but my hubs is still suffering sticker shock from Rhinebeck, lol.

9:19 AM  
Blogger neknitsandbeads said...

Welcome back! Sorry I missed you at Stitches..we went yesterday.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Debbie! Good running into you today. Home now with all my sock yarn and tired feet!
Debbie

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home