Saturday, October 30, 2010

Stitches East 2010

Saw: Countless knitterly friends, including one I've known since I was about 16. :::hi Roz!:::

Made (by Leah): baby hat for Caps for Good.

Walked: from East Hartford boat launch, over the river, round and round the convention center, then back again.

Wore: My newly finished Lacy Baktus with Edge. Pattern from Cheryknits, posted with her permission. If you make her version, she'd love to see a picture of it. Since my first Baktus has been worn just about every day since I finished it, I knew I'd also like another one. This time, I used two skeins of Koigu. It was smaller than the first one, so I gave it a good blocking. This really shows off the lacy edge and made it every bit as big as the first one. Love it, love it, love it, and got lots of compliments on it from other knitters too. I'm tempted to knit a third, but...


Bought: Two skeins of Miss Babs' Windsor Shadows sock yarn in Blackwatch colorway, with the idea of doing something about my mismatched self. The plan is to knit a Semele scarf and Ringwood gloves. Both patterns are printed out, so with that, I'm off to cast on!
Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Rani said...

Thanks for the Lacy Baktus with edge link! I think it really finished the whole piece nicely. I love my orange one, but orange can be limiting. I'm going to make this next (after I finish some of my projects so I'll have needles to use).

9:17 PM  
Anonymous CTJen said...

I have some pretty sock yarn in the stash which would make an awesome Baktus. *wanders off to dig through the sock yarn*

10:23 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Thanks to you and Chery for sharing the Lacy Baktus pattern. I really like the two you've knit.

10:51 PM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

I love my huge sock yarn stash and even more now that there are all these wonderful shawl/scarf patterns that call for just one skein.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Delaney's Duds said...

you inspired mom to do a bactus too! glad that you are not stopping the blogging. :o)

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home