Monday, July 05, 2010

eleventy bajillion Xs

Way back when, I was a hard core cross stitcher. Then I showed Scott how to do it and he got bit by the stitching bug. When his stitching won Best of Show in the Big E's competition many moons ago, he won hundreds of skeins of DMC embroidery floss. A few years later, an elderly lady we knew passed away and we inherited her cross stitch supplies. Then, this spring, my grandma passed away and we came home with her floss boxes and cross stitch stash. So when my friend Jean mentioned a cross stitch project she'll be doing as a cancer research fundraiser, using the Aida fabric I gave her from that first stash we inherited, I jumped at the chance to pass some more supplies to her. She sent a list of color #s she'd need.



Those are the pile to the left.

I'm passing the mini-mountain of skeins on the right to her too, just because I think Jean and her stitching friends will put them to use faster than we will. It might not look like much in the picture, but let me tell you, that's enough to make a whole lotta little Xs and keep a stitcher's fingers busy for many happy hours!

Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Passing on the craft supplies to those who will use them - it's a good thing! I love doing that.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Rani said...

Destashing and blessing others. Two birds with one stone.

9:17 AM  
Blogger ChristineMM said...

Wow all that floss. So nice to share your stash. :)

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home