steady as she goes
Some of the people, places, and things that have made up my past 24 hours:
1. A raging wind/hail/rain storm with sound amplified, as I was in my car at the time it passed through here.
2. Ukulele band festivities.
3. Hunt for and purchase of more than 90 Bic Mark-It pens in woodsy brown color, requiring mapping of all Staples stores within 20 miles of here and a team effort to reach our goal.
4. Unexpected visit with an old friend I haven't seen in years.
5. Learned tubular bind-off for the neck of Scott's sweater, only to find that the neck is still too small and will be torn out.
6. Rec'd happy message from my mom as she's romping through Italy and Switzerland w/ friends.
7. Multi-state back roads travel in pouring rain during Friday rush hour, culminating in a pleasant knit night.
8. Taunted my sister, who had a hangover. ;-)
9. Discovered that my camera seems to have bit the dust. Didja notice the uncharacteristic pictureless post?
10. Reaching a major milestone on the secret project that has taken on a life of its own over the past two weeks.
11. Learning that my Gram had a heart attack and is in the hospital. She's doing fine now, but has to wait until Monday for testing.
We had plans to head out for some excitement this evening, but the current plan is to clean the bathroom, take a walk, and knit a plain ol' sock. Mundane to the max. At this point, the less excitement, the better.