Saturday, June 27, 2009

steady as she goes

Some of the people, places, and things that have made up my past 24 hours:

1. A raging wind/hail/rain storm with sound amplified, as I was in my car at the time it passed through here.

2. Ukulele band festivities.

3. Hunt for and purchase of more than 90 Bic Mark-It pens in woodsy brown color, requiring mapping of all Staples stores within 20 miles of here and a team effort to reach our goal.

4. Unexpected visit with an old friend I haven't seen in years.

5. Learned tubular bind-off for the neck of Scott's sweater, only to find that the neck is still too small and will be torn out.

6. Rec'd happy message from my mom as she's romping through Italy and Switzerland w/ friends.

7. Multi-state back roads travel in pouring rain during Friday rush hour, culminating in a pleasant knit night.

8. Taunted my sister, who had a hangover. ;-)

9. Discovered that my camera seems to have bit the dust. Didja notice the uncharacteristic pictureless post?

10. Reaching a major milestone on the secret project that has taken on a life of its own over the past two weeks.

11. Learning that my Gram had a heart attack and is in the hospital. She's doing fine now, but has to wait until Monday for testing.

We had plans to head out for some excitement this evening, but the current plan is to clean the bathroom, take a walk, and knit a plain ol' sock. Mundane to the max. At this point, the less excitement, the better.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes that plain old sock is just what you need - rests the mind a bit.

See you Sunday!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Rebecca Z. said...

Sometimes a plane-old-sock provides comfort.

I've been working on a new sweater; unusual construction. One I was able to knit into a mobius loop, unintentionally.

So I made bread.

And it thundered and rained. And thundered and rained some more. And some more. (I live in the mountains of western Maine; and mountains make their own weather.)

And now, I'm cleaning the bedroom and preparing myself for the frogging ahead.

I hope to have my sweater design up on ravelry soon. After the frogging and reknitting and pattern writing. And picture taking.

The beads arrived today. (Actually, yesterday. I got them today.) I'm saving them to open after the frogging is over and all stitches have been retrieved.

Then, I may spend a few hours on a "plane old sock," or, in my case, a knitted lace band in a cotton/linen blend for the bottom edge of a skirt lining. It will peak out below. Leigh inspired the notion, with her Nathan Hale costumes.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

i agree, go knit a sock. Hope your gram is doing better. (lol about your sister)

8:20 PM  
Blogger Delaney's Duds said...

Can't wait to see you tomorrow! Mom/Dad and I can take turns wrestling the rugrats to knit! Hope Gram is ok.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Glad your Gram is fine.

Here's a uke player I just discovered (I think I'm the last one, because she's already released her second album). I think she's so charming: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeP1Klmk0ng&feature=player_embedded

10:46 PM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

Oh! Poor Gram. I hope everything works out.

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you need any help in finding the pens.

Jean

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home