Tuesday, June 23, 2009

random in the rain

I'm not one to get worked up about the weather, but I woke up to the sound of rain yet again last night and remember thinking, "Sheesh, enough already."

The new Connecticut Science Center is cool. We're members and have visited a couple of times already. Much more still to explore. Leah took this pic of a corner of the roof wave using a $5 mini digital camera that we got at a tag sale. You can tell the picture was taken weeks ago because there's actual blue sky there.

We had spinach strawberry salad (with added feta cheese and way less sugar in the dressing) for dinner on Sunday and it was fantabulous. Even the kids raved about it and had second helpings. Must swap for more supplies at the farmers' market this weekend.

The crochet kid made wee granny squares of sock yarn to decorate her father's day card this year.

Scott was on a mission to watch a certain movie a couple of days ago and the library didn't have it, so he went to Blockbuster. Upon checkout, it was noted that his credit card info in their records showed an expiration date of 2001. That's how often we spend money on video rentals. Thank you, Connecticut library system.

Can anybody out there tell me anything about this spinning wheel? I've never seen one like it.

After a few disappointing unsuccessful attempts at donating plasma/whole blood (problem w/ machine one time, borderline low iron another time, phlebotomist missed the vein another time), yesterday I had an entirely uneventful blood donation experience. This included a good long wait because I was a walk-in w/o appointment -- yahoo! good knitting time and a friendly person next to me! Sent on my merry way with a packet of gummy fruit silly snacks, all I could think was how true it is: Donate blood. All you'll feel is good. Click here to find a blood drive in your area.

I have a secret project underway and it's going better than I could have imagined. Ravelers can see preliminary info in the project with "secret" in the title here. (Details in Ravelry keeps it a secret to the extent necessary.) Exciting!
Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

Thanks for the link to the science center. There are several things we want to do in Hartford at some point. It makes for a long day trip at this point, though.

I'm sick of the rain, too. Enough already.

8:55 AM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

I'm thinking you meant third project on your Ravelry page, because the second you've already blogged about! The third project looks way cool and very thoughtful.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Love 2Bs said...

Wish I could donate blood, but my blood pressure is too high :-(

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Diane H K said...

It's a castle wheel. Spinning elements are arranged in a vertical fashion with the flyer at the top.

Here's some helpful info:
http://www.joyofhandspinning.com/wheel-styles.shtml

and

http://www.woolery.com/pages/wheeltypes.html

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Diane H K said...

Boy, oh, boy did I goof that up. It's a castle wheel, alright, but with the flyer at the bottom. I've never seen that configuration before. Further research tells me it's an Irish castle wheel.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home