Thursday, June 11, 2009

the spice of life



Topics of my work in the past week have included:
1. the petroleum industry
2. gastroenterology
3. interview with an incoming university president
4. documentary on the sport of cricket



Recent entertainment:
1. a chorale performance of songs by American composers
2. the brand spanking new Connecticut Science Center
3. nephew's lacrosse game (they won!)
4. tag saling (awesome scores and ran into an old friend)
5. ukulele band practice, always with singalong :-)
6. new Star Trek movie
7. farmers' market
8. driving a silly PT Cruiser while my fender bender is being repaired



Custom requests for Scott on the torch:
1. purple foil heart pendant
2. turn that chicken bead into a pendant -- with egg tassel!
3. mushrooms and hedgehog (the hedgehog didn't work out, but the mushrooms are fun)
4. heart pendant, red

You will notice no mention of knitting. See first list above. I don't know who flipped the switch, but every single one of my accounts has inundated me with work in the past week. This is good for the pay-off-the-mortgage mission, not so much for the finish-the-gansey-before-it-gets-too-hot-out mission.

p.s. For J, who asked about the pattern for the flag vest but didn't sign in at Blogger so I can't reply directly, it's from Not Just Plain Jane Knits. Follow the link to her new site, then click on the cardigans and vests section.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Z. said...

I wonder if a silver-colored glass tenor-saxaphone charm would be possible?

I'd buy such a charm for my very-gifted sweetie.

7:30 PM  
Anonymous CTJen said...

ZOMG! How freaking CUTE is that chicken pendant?! Tell your sweetie that is work is amusing and amazing.

Also, what is it you do for a living????

10:32 PM  
Blogger ChristineMM said...

Love the dangling eggs. So whimsical.

Wow you learned a lot this week while transcribing!

My knitting is barely going on due to busyness and not having a motivating project.

I didn't log in to email yet but both beads fit the Pandora bracelet. Also tell Scott that the one I bought from the other glassblower only has color around the center part (near the silver) and then the outer glass is clear, looks only good from above, side views are 'boring', unlike the way he uses a solid color for the whole bead. Very nice beads! Thank you.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home