Saturday, June 13, 2009

gonna wash that sweater right out of my hair

The workload of the past couple of weeks has left me with tired arms and tingly fingers come evening, so there has been no knitting whatsoever. Still, I was watching South Pacific with Leah last night (hey! leisure time at home! I remember that!) and had to do something, so out came this old sweater.
It's the Bella cardigan that I blogged about in 2006, which has just never been right -- too drapey, too short, neck too wide, sleeve shape uncomfortable. The color is more accurate in the photo below.
Now it looks like this and by the end of today, the remaining knit portion will be returned to its former status as a ball of yarn. I had a new project in mind for this yarn, but now I don't think it's right for that one either. Hm. The knitting is clearly in a holding pattern, but that's okay because absolutely nothing else is. This too shall pass.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Rani said...

Brave woman! You're doing the right thing. Let your mind simmer and rest it's knitting powers. You're simply refueling and using your creative talents for other ventures.

It's a beautiful color!

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am wondering if it is possible to order one of the chicken/eggs pendants from your previous post? It is great! I checked your Etsy site and couldn't figure out how to leave a message over there. Thanks! Kristie at hsknitter@yahoo.ca

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home