Sunday, June 21, 2009

saddle up!

Please note: Random crappy pics with poor lighting all 'round, courtesy of something like 30 days of rain out of the past 40 days. I give up on waiting for good natural light.

Sheepy zipper pulls, by customer request. Methinks there will be monster zipper pulls in my own future.

Drag race at Jesse's rocket club yesterday. WooHoo!

After much forward-and-back fiddling, the saddle shoulders of Scott's gansey are underway! Shown on top of one of Scott's favorite sweaters, which I use to know sizing goals. I plan to finish this shoulder at the farmers' market today and expect the other shoulder to be easy because all the decisions have already been made. Darn good thing, too, since two other projects are calling my name, asking me to cast on for them RIGHT NOW.

'Nuf with the chit chat. Back in to the saddle again!
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Rani said...

I just love love love those little glass guys. My little sheep is my favorite stitch marker.

Cool sweater! YEAH! Elizabeth Zimmermann would be proud of the way you're using an old sweater to figure the size of the new one!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Rebecca Z. said...

zipper pulls. I'd been thinking about that. Are they sturdy enough?

Sweater is lovely. I adore saddle shouldered sweaters; particularly for folks like me who don't have broad shoulders, squares you out and makes you look balanced. (As opposed to raglans, which make my shoulders vanish.)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Cécile said...

That sweater is coming along great. I have a pattern for a saddle shoulder sweater that I plan to do some day. And I love that bag! I want to add that to my queue too. So many projects, so little time...

Thanks for your comments on my blog.

12:58 PM  
Blogger ChristineMM said...

chuckled at the natural light comment.

I want real summer now please. Pretty please?

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home