Friday, March 13, 2009

2 steps forward, 1 step back

One step forward:
Somebody on Ravelry asked Scott for buttons to go on a purple sweater. This little beauty is what he came up with. It's the same amber-purple glass he's used at other times, but accented with a rod of purple glass that just makes it sing. I already told him I will need my own sweater's worth of these buttons eventually.
Another step forward:
My Taize scarf, a honeycomb-like pattern knit in Ball and Skein's sock yarn. I struggled with this written-out pattern until I made my own little chart for its body motif. Clipped the chart to my work, as I like to do, and I'm motoring along nicely now. Love the deep texture. Mine looks significantly different from the one on the pattern and not nearly so luscious when I spread it out as if to hard block it, so blocking in this case might just be enough of a stretch to neaten everything up, but not enough to take away any of the depth.
One step back:
Leah was just about ready to attach the sleeves to the body of her Cece cardigan a few days ago, when we noticed some boo-boos in the sleeves.
One sleeve only needed to be ripped back an inch or two, to where she got off track in the lacy pattern during the upper arm increases, but the first sleeve she knit (above) had bigger problems. She decided it was too obvious and would bother her enough that it was worth a re-do, no matter how much it hurt to see 2/3 of a sleeve disappear. Both sleeves are back up to the underarms now and she'll be starting the raglan decreases later today.

Even though that was a step back, it was still a step in the right direction! Forward she goes!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Rani said...

What a lesson in patience (the sweater). It feels so good once you've fixed the problem and know you've done it right.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home