Thursday, March 05, 2009

surprises

Leah bought this little sheep pin as a surprise for me while at Spa Knit and Spin last weekend. I don't know when exactly she purchased it, but I do know that I spent at least half an hour chatting with Susan from Goose Pond on Sunday morning and she kept Leah's purchase a secret. I think my facial expression matched this sheep's look of surprise when I arrived home to find it on my desk! I forgot to include it with the pic of Spa purchases because it was already pinned to my coat.

I can't believe it's practically the weekend again already and the coming weekend looks to be every bit as much fun as the last. Meanwhile, this entire week has zipped by with many happy surprises and good karma all around.

First, I won a prize through one of the New England Textile Artists' contests. I don't know what I won yet, but I think the anticipation and surprise is part of the fun.

Next, it appears that Leah's Sylvi caused a bit of a stir when Leah wore it in the fashion show at Spa last weekend. I was completely unaware of this because I was busy trying to catch a decent photo of her in the show (unsuccessfully, as you can see in the last pic of this post), but Julia Farwell-Clay, the Features Editor of Twist Collective, the online magazine that published the pattern, subsequently went out of her way to track me down and compliment my work. She started with a Ravelry post that included terms like "showstopper" and "utterly gorgeous." And, wow, people then followed up with similarly enthusiastic comments and someone else was kind enough to link Julia to my blog. She then left a comment on Sylvi's blog post that mentioned the "audible gasp" when the knitters saw Sylvi. Seriously, I can't believe I missed all the hubbub at the time, but I am blown away by the flood of compliments now!

Given a good-natured kick in the pants by Julia and other Sylvi enthusiasts, I updated my Ravelry projects and Leah's too. We both had something like 15 projects to add -- yikes, I guess it's been a while since we updated!

While I was on a roll, I updated Scott's Etsy shop with a few new things too. Just realized I still haven't taken a pic of his new beads that look like teeny drop spindles. Off to track some of those down...
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Turtle said...

congrats on the great feedback, such a cute lil sheep!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Rani said...

What a sweet gal you have there.

2:24 PM  
Blogger ChristineMM said...

Enjoyed reading about the reaction to the Sylvie. I had missed the original post and was blown away by it. Will go leave a comment on that post now.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home