Wednesday, March 11, 2009

spinning

All heads in my house were spinning with an abundance of incredibly fun events this past weekend. Among the highlights were a Celtic Woman concert for Leah and, on Jesse's calendar, a karaoke b'day party with friends, registration for a rocketry conference, and historic miniature gaming.

The Second Sunday Fiber Artisans were mostly spinning too. I think I was the only one knitting, while the rest were busy making beautiful yarn.

One of Scott's customers asked if he's ever made a stitch marker in the shape of a drop spindle, for fans of that type of spinning. So the next morning, he did exactly that! Adds a different little twist to the Sheep to Sock stitch marker sets.

And now, I'm off to learn an entirely new (to me) way to knit. The owner of our LYS showed Leah how to do Portuguese purling a couple of years ago, but lately I've been reading about how the Portuguese knitting style is even faster and more efficient (less wasted motion) than Continental, so I want to give it a...spin!

Up next: a poll with free sheep stitch markers to a couple of the people who give us their feedback!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Turtle said...

what a lot of good things happening your way!

8:13 PM  
Blogger calicokitty6 said...

You will love Portuguese knitting.

There's a young lady in my spinners guild who taught us the basics of Portuguese knitting. It's a lot less movement than other knitting. I have problems with one of my hands and it actually feels better than my usual throwing method.

1:25 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

I had seen Portuguese knitting done but never realized that it was actually faster than continental. I will have to pay attention next time!

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home