Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Estonian Garden wrap

I finished the last dozen rows of the Estonian Garden wrap at a knit night last week, with about two yards of yarn to spare. Here, for Priscilla, is a pre-blocking picture.

And a post-blocking shot to illustrate the magical transformation that happens during the blocking process.

It's about 65" long, lightweight but warm. It was a good choice for vacation knitting, a good fit for vintage yarn received in a swap, and will always be a good reminder of the early morning knitting time surrounded by the all the glorious greens of Hawaii.



Even though there was snow here yesterday and today's about as colorless as it can be. In defense, I'm off to work on some colorful gloves before heading out for dinner and a show!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

Beautiful!

The weather, oh, it is killing me slowly. My kids need to run around outside like I can't even tell you. Probably no surprise that I just cast on a simple garter stitch baby bib in a riot of color my younger son picked out. So simple I can knit it with the weather-induced headache, and as colorful as the flowers that ought to be blooming soon. I hope.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! this is EXACTLY what I'm hoping for with my Flutter Wrap, now that it's a wrap and NOT a sweater!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

That color is so luscious! I bet it's a dream to wear.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home