Monday, March 10, 2008

just add color 2008

This weekend was a steady stream of visits and phone calls, color and fun. Seems a guaranteed cure for the winter blahs when I look out my window and see nothing but brown and beige and blech. I remember this feeling last year, with a similar solution. In the mix was...


a fiber artisans gathering at CT Yarn & Wool, complete with sunbeams, colorful yarns, tasty treats, and friendly company;


cardmaking festivities for Supersibs;


an entire day of paintball (I'll give you 1 guess which members of the family enjoyed that ;-);


and discovery of the very first blossom in our yard!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

I am so jealous of the crocus. Mine are buried under 6 inches of snow yet.

I've hired a contract killer to put the hit on Old Man Winter and Jack Frost. I need me some spring.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Rani said...

PAINTBALL! WHOOOOT WHOOOT! (I've never played, but it sounds like a blast)!

You seemed to have put quite a bit of "color" into your blechy scene. And a crocus!? Wow. I remember when I lived in Connecticut, the daffodils blooming up and down the roads in Greenwich. And so much earlier than in Minnesota. We have another month before I see a crocus. sigh. I live near Lorraine. I think I'll go in on that Jack Frost hit!

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home