Wednesday, February 27, 2008

a GRAND finale

Yesterday afternoon, we walked across the lava field in front of our house, out toward the shore, and snorkeled in Champagne Cove for hours. All kinds of aquatic life, of every color in the rainbow, to keep us entertained, but we stuck around for the possibility of something special, as we had heard is likely to happen there. Sure enough, at nearly high tide, the sea turtles swam over the rock wall to rest in the quiet cove. We snorkeled around and over them as they rested on rocks on the bottom, then swam alongside as they came up for air. Unforgettable.

p.s. Yup, Rani, lots of knitting going on, mostly poolside or on the lanai while watching sunrise/sunset. :-) Joanne, you'll be pleased to know that the green lace is halfway finished and I can confidently say there's a skein coming your way. Lorraine (Lori) and Pat, I'm thinking of you both with every kaleidoscopic Hawaiian quilt that catches my eye. TTY all soon. I can't wait to see how the pics look on a larger than 1" camera screen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Can't wait for the pictures! I love Hawaiian quilts! I've dug out a small Hawaiian pillow kit that I'm considering working on. Just need to find the time.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home