Monday, February 04, 2008

knitters' pre-game festivities

We used to spend Super Bowl Sunday with a lot of rowdy people having an awful lot of fun. Yesterday, at the Webs Big Game Bash, I realized it's still rowdy and raucous and a ton of fun, but the beer has (mostly) ;-) been replaced by yarn. Once again, Leah and I made the trek north to spend the afternoon in Northampton. We met up with friends from New Jersey and a growing number of acquaintances with whom we can talk like old friends because there's that instant connection and easy flow of conversations that start with "What are you knitting?"


Leah was especially looking forward to this event. She made sure to wear her "Love to Knit" shirt from Creative Fibers, which has become our local yarn store. She had plans to score a bag of yarn to knit into her first sweater and also to chat with every person in the store. She certainly didn't expect to win a generous door prize -- including a $15 gift card, Eucalan, needle gauge, and tape measure -- but she did! And then I won a door prize (4 skeins of yarn and a scarf pattern to go with it, Eucalan) too! Thanks for a great party, Webs!


This morning, I cut the steek on my handspun cardigan and am wearing it at this moment. Still need to bury the yarn ends, sew on the buttons, and block it, but I can tell already that it's likely to become my favorite sweater. Yahoo!
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My DD and I are looking forward to seeing everyone at SPA this month. We remembered Leah and Emma from last year while we were working at the Greeters' Table.

Jean

7:28 AM  
Blogger Jen in FL said...

the yarn on the cardigan is gorgeous!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Nicola said...

Thanks for visiting our blog. Hope to "see" you there often. I have added your blog to my bloglines list too.

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say 'howdy'! been thinking about you! this site is fabulous! has your daughter tried making things with plastic canvas (i.e. tissue box covers)? stay in touch, okay?! Happy Easter!

Barbara (Sabinsky-Kalman)
roka150@yahoo.com

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home