Wednesday, February 06, 2008

couple of quick things

You've seen the shark hats we knit for Scott and Zach. Now the pattern is up at Knitting Ninja. Since Leah and I were the test knitters for this design, the pattern includes pics of some silly kids you might recognize as they're happily getting munched by sharks. Nom nom nom.

I started the Estonian garden wrap (shown at Elann because the Fiber Trends site won't come up for me this morning) with vintage wool I scored at the stash swap a couple of weeks ago. Those of you who are lace knitters will undoubtedly see the boo-boos that identify me as a relative newbie to this kind of knitting, but it's also partially attributable to the countless distractions around here yesterday evening and the fact that I was foolishly trying to follow the written pattern, having forgotten that there were charts on the back of the leaflet. With the help of the charts and some quiet time this morning, I'm on track now and will leave the mistakes as a mark of the learning process. At least for now. We'll see how I feel about it after I finish the other end...correctly. ;-)

Leah's making fantastic progress on her first sweater, having finally realized that it's not such an enormous undertaking and definitely spurred on by how her yarn is knitting up into a cushy, beautiful fabric.

My watercolor cardigan is blocking. Love. It.

Have you guys tried the pattern browser in Ravelry yet? I had been searching before using pattern names and tags, but last week I discovered the pattern browser and, wow, what a helpful tool! The filters make it incredibly easy to sift through the many thousands of patterns and narrow it down to the ones that will be of interest.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen in FL said...

The pattern browser on Ravelry is one of my favorite features! What on earth did we do with ourselves before Ravelry?

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK--So that was not a good idea to post the pattern browser to connect. I am suppose to be getting ready for work! There are a lot of pages to go through and already I have found a minimum of 2patterns on 2 pages and probably more. Can't continue today--will not be productive if I do.

Jean

9:38 AM  
Blogger Rani said...

You gotta love that Ravelry. It is so darn enabling. I'm off to start another project which should really not be started.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home