Thursday, March 06, 2008

island highlights

We've been home for a week and it's been surprisingly difficult to put together this album, like the whole trip to Hawaii is way too big to summarize in a neat little online slideshow and I didn't even know where to begin to pare it down. Even now, I've narrowed my own album down to 400 precious pictures and this public one to just over 100 pictures.

The only way to describe this trip is "huge." The whales, the rainforest vegetation, the avocados, the volcanic craters -- all physically huge -- but the experience? Also huge. And there's so much more that we didn't even snap photos of, like watching the whales spout beneath us as in the crystal blue water as we flew in a little plane, having just passed over Molokai's craters and heading into Maui; or snorkeling alongside a sea turtle; or flying into Honolulu at night and seeing that well-known coastline with Diamondhead off to the side.

I noticed, as I went through this album one more time before uploading it, how many captions include "huge" or "gigantic" or similar descriptors. And I realized that these aren't just referring to the kind of enormity you can measure with a ruler.

Hawaii 2008

2 Comments:

Blogger Love 2Bs said...

Wow, you did such an amazing job with your photos; I can only imagine what the other 300 look like. You really captured how exotic it is.

Looks like the trip of a lifetime. I can't wait to hear all about it IRL :-)

12:31 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

What a great trip you guys had! There really is nothing like a Maui sunset.

You have made me want to go back - guess we'll have to try and do that next year. My husband and his credit cards thank you....

All the best!

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home