Monday, January 14, 2008

eating my words

Does anybody out there remember when I knit Scott's convertible gloves for ice fishing? I said then that knitting gloves was too fiddly and I wouldn't be excited about making another pair.
I think what I really meant to say was that they weren't fiddly enough. What I needed was two yarns, lots of color, and stranded patterns throughout! Yeah, that's the ticket. They weren't fiddly enough.

Luckily, Karendipity's glove pattern is exactly the level of fiddliness to be a super fun and satisfying project. Can't wait to cast on for the 2nd glove.
Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That glove is so beautiful. I'm in love with it. I wish I had the patience that you have to knit something like that.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Jen in FL said...

OMG, those are just gorgeous!!

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one BEAUTIFUL glove!!!

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beeyooteeful! I TOLD you it's just the convertible gloves that are mysteriously such a pain!

Jen at The Woollen Earth

4:16 PM  
Blogger Rani said...

Tee hee hee. That was a funny post.

The glove is fabulous!

Do you ever get the silly food (non-knitter) who says, "Hey, will you knit me a pair?"

GORGEOUS!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

LOL! That's one way to conquer a pattern - make it HARDER!

Lovely, as usual. But what should I be expecting after all this time. You always knock my socks off.

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - this glove looks amazing - and being an Ausssie I love the shark hat in your previous post too. I came to check out your site as you were kind enough to leave a comment and link my Show notes site, i.e. Changelings knit and Stich). I'm so glad I was able to see your work.
Cheers

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home