Saturday, October 14, 2006

stripes and silk

While Jesse was reading a good book to everyone yesterday evening, Leah decided to start to figure out how to knit with 2 colors. As with her hand sewing and machine sewing of quilt sections, she prefers to give it a go using common sense first, and then asks me to show her how I do it.
Not a half bad first effort. No gaps between color changes. Certainly no worse than my own first attempts at knitting with more than one color, relying on nothing more than common sense for technique -- see March archives for March 17 entry titled "On the Flip Side," to which I cannot link directly for some reason.
Just for the fun of it, here are a couple of pics of some silk ribbon embroidery I did a few years ago on a purchased cardigan made of jersey knit. This is the bouquet in the breast/lapel area.
And here's a spray of flowers on the corner of a pocket.
I wore this yesterday and received many compliments on it. It felt good to realize that I was wearing a silk ribbon-embellished cardigan, lampwork bead necklace, and handknit socks. :-) Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Yet another area where you lead the way. I have books on silk ribbon embroidery and a kit but haven't ventured . . . yet!

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home