Sunday, February 13, 2011

between the lines

In the past week or so,

Leah decided that sewing another hoop skirt entirely by hand, mid 1800s style, was just a little bit nutso and turned to a modern day convenience to move that job along a lot faster.
Scott's b'day, raw gourmet dinner, spinach manicotti, linzer torte.
Pre-game Super Bowl bash at Webs.
Super Bowl with the Steelers Fan Club of CT at a restaurant near here.



Scott made some more orifice hooks with glass bead handles, partially as experiments and partially to include in a swap.
More work than I've had in a long time, holding at this pace x 3 weeks now.
Sledding.
Blood donation.
Pottery class.


Leah finished her second iteration of African Flower Hexagons. We think there's an error in the outermost round, so she tore that back and, instead of DC, sc, DC where the points should be, she did sc, DC, sc. Much better. I think this is planned to be a pillow.
Laser tag.
Two afternoons spent lending a hand at a client's office.
Visited an exhibit of 19th century clothing.
Evolution of a remote-controlled rocket-powered 24" snowmobile, made from the bizarre collection of things in Jesse's room.

Sleeves separated out, I'm only about 10 rows away from waist shaping on my Ingrid cardigan. Loving it. Also missing it, since I haven't touched it in over a week.
To NY for lunch at Pure Food and Wine, a dance performance, quest for durian, and approx. 14-mile trek with some of my favorite peeps.
Reached what I weighed when I was 17. Culled one-third of my current clothes for the donation bin. Again. :-)
To Northampton with my three favorite kids for Ukes and Yoyos, ice sculptures, and a rockin' good time.
Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger LaurieM said...

I love the colours in Leah's crochet.

I'm currently reading "Why we get fat?". Heard of it?

7:47 AM  
Blogger Rani said...

The crochet deally thing-a-ma-bob looks better. You two figured it out. No surprises there.

Congrats on the weight! Sheesh - that is quite an accomplishment. I really do have to look into that raw diet stuff.

Your sweater is looking simply marvelous, 'dahling'. Marvelous.

12:20 AM  
Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

wow, you and your family really have to get out of this sitting-around-and-doing-nothing rut you're in :-)

ps congratulations on the weight, too.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Faith said...

Love the project progress! Wow, that sweater is going to be so fabulous. That color gorgeous, and the cables--!!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Knitting Out Loud said...

Lovely post!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

You guys have certainly been busy! I love it. I think we need some new pics of you to see your progress...

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home