Sunday, January 16, 2011

budgie and not budging

Still sick, so just tying up some loose ends, literally and figuratively.

I knit most of this little Budgie baby sweater when we were on vacation last April. Got it all the way to only the neckband and button band remaining, then set it aside. It only took one evening of knitting, sewing in buttons, and weaving in ends to call it done. Blocking it really caused the yoke stitches to settle in nicely and evened everything out. It has no destination, but I'm happy with it and even happier to have cleared out another WIP.

Rec'd a sweater's worth of yarn, assorted lovely trims to make a seamstress squeal with delight, and handpainted yarns in another barter this week. Yahoo!

---

Flashback: 1970s, winter weekend afternoon in Pittsburgh. Me, age 8-12, draped over an overstuffed chair, crocheting, usually with this hook, for hours while happily watching Steelers football and the antics of one of their biggest fans.

Fast forward 30+ years to yesterday afternoon.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. :-)

As a matter of fact, I'm feeling cruddy enough and that felt excellent enough that I will do the same today, only with the Patriots and Jets as the backdrop. First, I'll take a good walk to make the most of the bright sunshiny day out there, but otherwise I'm not budging.

---

I updated my projects on Ravelry and also Leah's, to reflect our late 2009 and 2010 projects. Always a good feeling to get those up to date and see how our work has changed over the years. I especially get a kick out of how a browse through Leah's projects illustrates how far her skills have come in the past few years. I can't believe we both have over 100 projects recorded there!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Rani said...

Sounds like you're using your sick time wisely. It's a wonderful excuse to "do nothing" ie, knit and watch tv.

I'll just have to pop on over to your rav pages and check it out. When will they make a ravelry site for seamstresses??????!!!!

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home