Tuesday, January 25, 2011

flying blind

This is the Ingrid cardigan and it has me mesmerized. It starts with a provisional cast-on mid-cable in the center back of the neck and grows from there with some interesting knitting gymnastics that have you knitting in this direction and that, all on a background of richly cabled goodness.

Jeri Riggs did an awesome job of writing up this pattern. There's a lot going on and a lot to keep track of, especially for somebody like me, who has never tackled a sweater with this type of construction before, but the pattern is clear and concise, with cables both written out and charted. I felt like I was flying blind, but Jeri's pattern helped me along quite well. I did get off track a couple of times and there are some fudges in there, but it's on track now and I think things should go smoothly from here.

The yarn is from Bartlett Yarns. It has a rustic woolly look and feels like it'll hold up great for many years, but isn't scratchy. The Wild Grape color has flecks of gold and royal purple spun into it for subtle interest while still reading as a solid. It's also spun in an historic mill in the USA and available on cones (my favorite yarn put-up because no packaging, no waste, and no skein ends to weave in!). Love.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger LaurieM said...

Verrrry interesting...

I really like that color.

7:37 AM  
Anonymous CTJen said...

Wow, neato! Love the purple, too. It's FABU!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Faith said...

What a cool pattern! I look forward to watching it develop!

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home