Thursday, December 30, 2010

the ketchup post

Hoo boy, two weeks since a blog post! I got happily swept up in all the Christmas festivities and the relaxation surrounding it. I remember two weeks ago, thinking I'd do a blog post describing the assorted live music we had seen that weekend -- bagpipes, orchestra, folk music, choir, handbells, fiddles and flutes, and more. Outstanding, but I didn't get around to writing the actual blog post.

Then came Christmas and all the fun visits and prep of tasty treats in our luxurious kitchen facilities (where even that last cabinet is now gone; now only a sink and stove in the kitchen). Then a bunch of snow, a super-light workload, and plenty of leisure activities to fill in the blanks. So here, in no particular order are some pics and catch-up bits.

One of two beautiful beaded alpaca scarves knit by my mom. This one will keep my sister warm this winter and beyond.

Yarn cakes wound by Leah for my mom, who was planning her new knitting projects in much the same way many of us do before a vacation, with the same sense of urgency and importance -- must have options! must have a variety of projects of varying skill/concentration levels! must have supply of needles and patterns and yarn and stitch markers! Except her trip will last at least five months, it's to her own home in Florida, and there's a yarn store 15 minutes up the road. Don't tell my mom, but I think she's hooked. heh.

One of the three man-hats Leah knit as gifts this Christmas, this one for Scott. You've seen the others here and here. Kiddo received a straight As report card recently and decided she's done with the school hooey, so she's now officially a 7th grade dropout. :-) This allows her more time to get on with the really important things...


Hope you all had a fantabulous Christmas and are making plans for starting 2011 as you plan to go on!
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

Oh, I didn't realize she was trying out school. That must have been a huge thing this fall! I bet it cut into the sewing and knitting time, too. :-)

Happy New Year!

11:01 AM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

Ah! Beautiful dress.

I too got swept up in the mad rush before and after Christmas. I'm still slowly surfacing...

5:37 PM  
Blogger Delaney's Duds said...

holy moley!
the beaded shawl mom made is beautiful!
I have been throwing around some ideas for my project list and preparing just like your mom...
hope your renovations are going well.

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie! Happy New Year! Everything is looking good.
Debbie

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home