Thursday, December 17, 2009

hey, where'd that come from?


I cast on the Estonian Garden Wrap (yes, another one) just before vacation. I didn't knit on it while we were away, because I was doing other projects, and I've finished plenty of other things since we got back, so I'm not really sure how this one arrived at this point. I think that just goes to show the intuitiveness of this pattern, how easily it flows from the needles. A lot of bang for the buck, I think, when it's the kind of pattern that goes easily into my head, so I can just zip along without referring to the chart a zillion times. I'm subbing beads for the nupps this time, using the dental floss loopie way of putting them on, as demo'd by Mona from Dye Dreams when we were at Stitches East. Loving it. I'm not going to have enough yarn, though, so I suppose I'll need to deal with that eventually. ;-)

Just had a brainstorm to help with one of Leah's xmas projects. Bingo!
Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool looking shawl. I wish a happy and joyous holiday season to all of you.
I finished up a scarf and sent it off to The Red Scarf Project.
Finished the knitting portion of a Shawl Ministry project for a friend/coworker who has had a year of medical issues. As it happens the yarn used was given to me by another coworker when she was decluttering.
(I can never figure out my google identy)
Jean

10:18 AM  
Blogger Rani said...

Hey! I've been out of touch for awhile. I'm eating lunch and I'm going to catch up on your blog. I have been wanting to knit an Estonian wrap since I saw one at my LYS. They did one in a pale blue that is just stunning. It may have been cotton. I can't believe how far you are already!!!!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

gorgeous!

8:04 PM  
Anonymous random Cindy said...

beautiful! I like the color too.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Very pretty! That purple is to die for.

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home