Monday, November 30, 2009

15

Somebody turned 15 yesterday! I knew it was coming. It's not a surprise.

He's now half a head taller than most doorways at Old Sturbridge Village. (Please note 3 handknits on my guys in this pic. Total of 6 handknits among the four of us when we visited OSV on T'giving. Yay for handknits in use!)

He's helpful with things like moving the cars around in the driveway, handling power tools and heavy jobs.

He comes in handy when there's a bug on the ceiling.

He works alongside Scott in the bakery/brick oven food sales.

Yet, every once in a while, like when knitting socks for him recently, it surprises the heck out of me that I have a 15-year-old son, no longer a little boy.

Especially not a little boy.

Leah's red sock on top, Jesse's blue sock beneath,
a full 3 inches longer to accommodate his size 13 feet!
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger LaurieM said...

Happy Birthday young man!

4:21 PM  
Anonymous CTJen said...

aw! He's a manling! Don't forget, Deb, it's the 15th anniversary of you becoming a mother. That's momentous too!

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jesse!

Instead of shopping over the weekend (after finding that there was nothing worthwhile to go to a store at 5 a.m.), I have joined you in working on a scarf for the Red Scarf Project. This is much more fulfilling. I have the math figured out as to how much I have to do each day to reach the measured objective.

Jean (typingN)

9:27 PM  
Blogger ChristineMM said...

Oh my gosh, 15!

Is it me or is this generation of kids all taller than both of their parents? Is Jesse already taller than Scott?

I know some 12 year old boys who are taller than both parents, crazy-amazing. Better nutrition or what?

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home