Friday, October 02, 2009

autumn drive-by

Home from an afternoon out with my favorite son just in time to grab some dinner and head out again for a haunted corn maze, but I wanted to post these pics before another weekend rolls in. Last Sunday was the rainiest farmers' market we've ever attended, but with nine fabulous restaurants providing samples like this...


and little cuties having fun like this...
and finding myself in a conversation about dyeing and local yarns with none other than Suzanne Sankow of Beaver Brook Farm, even a rainy market can be a fabulous time.

Over the past few days, I've been working on a little baby hat for a friend's new daughter. I'll put this in the mail soon, but I didn't have a baby handy for modeling it, so I did what any knitter would do in October...

Happy Fall!

Edited to add: Leah proclaims the above picture "hideous."
She says I need to find a cute baby to model this hat ASAP.
Apparently the orange skin tone and big schnozz don't mesh with her idea of a cute baby pic.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger littlelixie said...

I think that picture is great!

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home