Thursday, September 24, 2009

september sickie snowboarder

Begun with an experimental dyeing session in mid September, at the beginning of this family's epic fever and ague of aught nine, the brown yarn went emerald/forest green. Then, for no reason whatsoever and with no recipient in mind, I cast on the snowboarder hat that I like so much, although I can't really say why, and worked on it when I was in a Hydrocodone-induced haze and still coughing my lungs out.

I know I didn't use the needle size called for in the pattern, although I'm not sure whether I went up or down in size, but I figured it didn't really matter since I was using handspun yarn and didn't swatch anyway. I figured it would fit someone, somewhere.

The only change I made to the pattern was adding the braid and tassel at the top, just because.

Blocked yesterday, the September Sickie Snowboarder hat was proclaimed an excellent project today. Not sure if it'll make it into the gift/charity stash or be snarfed up by one of the residents of this house, who apparently all have insatiable desires for winter woolies.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Turtle said...

sweet hat!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Rani said...

I love it! I've looked at that pattern several times but haven't tried it yet. I love the color, I love the tassel.

This will fend off the chills and hopefully the flu!

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home