Sunday, November 16, 2008

surroundings

Stash goodies rec'd in exchange for some glass buttons.
Cute dress my mom knit for coworker's daughter. Tiny knit bunny in the pocket!
Sweet hat to use up leftovers from the hat, also made by my mom.

This would be the same mom who told me almost two years ago that she's only a seasonal knitter (meaning occasionally), but has had a project in progress fairly continually since then. Yeah, right, mom. Whatever. You know you're hooked and you love it. Resistance is futile. :-)

Unused doorknobs and plates snagged from my Gram's basement when she was getting ready to move to an apartment, shown before polishing and after, in prep for installation on our spiffed up back door.
I thought they were pretty enough in their tarnished state, but what an awesome degrungification transformation!

Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

Ooh, you've got some seriously nice yarn in that photo there!!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

My mom and dad have some pretty neat glass doorknobs around their house...and when my mom got around to cleaning the paint off the plates, she found that they're all made out of differently colors metals. Pretty neat what's just layin' around sometimes. Also, I am totally digging the blue NatureWool and the bright purply yarn right in the center of your new stash! (you're catching up to me!)

6:35 PM  
Blogger Faith said...

Cool doorknobs! Wow, it really did polish up nicely.

3:24 AM  
Blogger Turtle said...

nice goodies, the stash and knit items! LOVE the doorknobs, and so nice they have a story!

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home