Sunday, August 24, 2008

imagine

Imagine that I have the house to myself because the rest of my family headed to the Cape for a few days. :-)

Imagine a nice supply of Magic Hat in the fridge, a tolerable workload that goes smoothly without familial interruptions, and a steady stream of friends coming to hang out each evening.

Imagine that, for some reason, Leah's spinning wheel jumped up and grabbed me yesterday. I have no idea why, all of a sudden, I just had to give spinning a try, but I just plied my second ever skein of handspun yarn -- some yummy roving from Fleece Artist, bought when we were in Nova Scotia -- and it's a balanced skein!

Imagine that I started yet another scarf, this time a deep burgundy alpaca yarn in a lacy pattern.

Imagine that Leah finished knitting a commissioned hat of her own design, coincidentally called the Imagine hat. It was commissioned by a guy who saw Leah's hat entered at the Creative Fibers customers' favorites trunk show and his hat is blocking now.

And you have to imagine it all because the camera's at the Cape w/ the family, and a visitor just pulled into the driveway. Yahoo!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a dream to me! :-)

we should get together and help each other learn to spin!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

I knew the spinning bug would bite you sooner or later! Can't wait to see what your yarn looks like.

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Nice to have some time to yourself now and again.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Delaney's Duds said...

It must have been so nice to have the house to yourself. Thanks for the invite, we will have to do it soon.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home