Monday, July 21, 2008

what heat?

I hear it's been hot 'round these parts, but we spent the weekend camping in VT, cool and comfortable snuggled into our sleeping bags at night, and in the chilly water of the river or shade of the trees during the day. Since the kids were busy romping with friends or doing an occasional campground-sponsored activity, and Scott was generally standing in or near the water with a big stick in his hand, I had plenty of time to enjoy the quiet with a certain big, happy dog who may not be a Great Pyrenees and collie mix, as we had thought, but instead a Maremmano. Did you click that link? Here's another pic of Kodi for comparison and another showing her with full coat.

I made lots of progress on the Rivolo scarf in the vintage yarn overdyed with Kool-Aid.

I haven't quite memorized the pattern, so I printed out the chart on card stock and pinned it directly to my knitting, easy to see when I need to glance at it but not something I need to hold onto, all very conveniently tucked into the drawstring bag Leah (with her Grammy) made for me. Couldn't have been more content.
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. your dog is gorgeous and I agree that she is likely a Maremma (which I had never heard of before). Neat!

2. I love your idea of pinning the chart to the knitting for easy reference. Definitely going to use it. :-)

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The yarn looks beautiful, especially in that pattern!

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous! and, you are so clever.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Rani said...

The color of that yarn is gorgeous! I just ran on over to Ravelry and put this pattern in my queue!!

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home