Tuesday, October 30, 2007

full-on Raveler

Watch out, world. Leah is discovering more features and the joys of Ravelry, where her screen name is cottonhollow.

When we were decluttering the yarn stash the other day, she came across some of her yarn that she likes but didn't have a project in mind for it. (OMG, the horrific sentence structure. Whatever. Need more coffee and maybe a little heat before I'd care.) I suggested that she look on Ravelry for ideas of what some other people have done with it. She was psyched to see that somebody used it for an entrelac scarf, and it works well for entrelac, and entrelac is something she's been wanting to learn!

Then she noticed that she had messages waiting and was excited to see that folks had added her to their friends list.

I gave her a walk-through of how to upload projects into her notebook and she proceeded to add 25 finished objects!

She's already working on a project that she discovered through Ravelry and will be tickled this morning to discover a comment from the designer of one of her projects. Ah, such fun and inspiration for a rabid knitter!
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leah amazes me! I saw her stuff on Ravelry yesterday. She is so talented! I see one of the future "greats" in the fiber world - bet we'll be talking about her a few years time!

6:34 PM  
Blogger littlelixie said...

Good news! You've won the Lixie Knits It podcast competition. Let me have your address and I'll send the yarn and dpns to you this week. littlelixieathotmaildotcom x

7:17 AM  
Blogger littlelixie said...

Just followed the link to the glassworks blog. OMG! Those buttons are amazing. And the jewellery and and...hmmm...ypu might just be receiving an order from me shortly!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Just got my notification of being added to her friends list. She has become so prolific. I hope Ravelry has enough memory for all her stuff! LOL

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home