Monday, July 03, 2006

two sticks and string

I'm now into the yoke of a sweater for Leah, made of Scott's handspun yarn. The pattern is cobbled together with guidance from Jackie Fee's Sweater Workshop. This is the first time I've put together a sweater pattern from scratch. It's deliciously liberating to pick and choose components, making pattern decisions based on how you want the sweater to look.
Leah's disappointed that Spindlicity magazine is now one month late on publishing and, as of this morning, the site seems to have disappeared. (Note: It's back up, but still shows the spring issue, with note that the summer issue will arrive June 9. It's now July 3.) Such a bummer, since she (and Jesse) soooo enjoyed meeting the angora bunnies earlier this spring, spinning their fiber, and knitting with it. Her article was even submitted way before the deadline, but at this point it looks like it won't be published at all. Maybe I'll publish it here or submit it elsewhere, since she really was getting a kick out of writing her series of articles. Anyway, her fiber experimentations continue. She's working on a poncho for herself and occasionally knits on whatever sock project is in my bag, but I had to laugh when I saw this one morning...
Like junkies needing a fix, just give us some sticks and string! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice looking sweater! Jackie just started a yahoo group if you're interested.

I just tried Spindlicity - the site redirected me but did open up with the spring issue. I hope it's not gone!! Have you seen the new online magazine Fiber Femmes?

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a follow up on Spindlicity - I got a note a few minutes ago from the editor. The summer issue of Spindlicity will be quite soon.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home