Sunday, June 25, 2006

a new Tradition

Finished today: Cardigan sweater, Tradition pattern from Philosopher's Wool. This is my first all-over Fair Isle sweater and the first ever done with two-handed knitting technique, over which I am ga-ga. Also first steeks, which I think are pure brilliance in no-fuss sweater construction. Yup, it's a bit too small, but I still love it. Must make more.

I worked on this as a diversion from the Dale of Norway ladybug sweater that I was knitting for a friend's baby-in-the-works. I have yet to figure out why, but the 24-mo. size sweater is turning out big enough to fit 8-year-old Leah, with room to spare. I am not exaggerating. The sleeves are on gauge, but the body? Not so much. I do love this pattern, but can do without these shenanigans, so it's being abandoned for now. Next? To be determined.

Yes, I am fully aware that I completed the 100% wool cardigan above as we are heading into July. Yes, I am fully aware that gauge issues are not the fault of Dale of Norway or the adorable ladybug pattern. Sshhhh, you! Just leave me alone in my happy place and don't confuse me with facts. :-) Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful sweater. Maybe you will get a cool evening to wear it sometime.

7:17 AM  
Blogger DesertGirl said...

It came out lovely! And you look SO tickled to be wearing it!!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Come and Share a Cup of Tea said...

It's Gorgeous! I'm inspired!

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deb - what an awesome job - I've been watching and reading as you went along.
Vic

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous sweater! You are so talented!!
~Becky

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home