Thursday, January 05, 2006

ice



No doubt about it. Yesterday had a distinct, though unintentional, theme.

It started with ice skating with friends in the afternoon. Kids "forgot" their wrist guards. Luckily, all wrists and other joints remained intact this time.

Then came Gram's choice of this Ice Princess necklace. The focal bead is Scott's lampwork, a dichroic glass bead complemented by a mix of sterling silver, rose quartz, Swarovski crystals, glass seed beads, and a Bali silver magnetic clasp. Despite how happy I've been with my photos of dichroic glass on a black base, I've been unable to get a decent pic of dichro on a clear base. You can just barely see the pink shimmer in this focal bead, but trust me when I say that this necklace sparkles beautifully.

More icy goodness with the surprise of free box seat tix to the Hartford Wolf Pack hockey game in the evening, where we were joined by more friends. Jesse and Scott enjoy watching hockey. Leah and I were happy to be there, but just as happy to knit in times between hullaballoos on the ice.

Finally, we're firming up plans to visit the Ice Hotel in Canada this weekend or next. And when I say "finally," I really mean FINALLY because we've been wanting to visit this place for years and it looks like this is the year it'll FINALLY happen!

A very (n)ice day indeed, except that part where Gram got on the plane to head back to the 'burgh, but we'll see her again soon, if she can squeeze us into her social calendar! :-)

Otherwise, not much news in the knitting department. I'm working on a scarf in handpainted laceweight wool and am in the mindnumbing portion where it seems that I knit and knit and knit, but the ball of yarn is not getting any smaller. I am certain that this is directly related to how excited I am about the fair isle hat-in-progress and the Philosopher's Wool sweater that I'm anxious to cast on! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home