Monday, November 29, 2010

the rest of it

I already blogged about how we spent part of our Thanksgiving day, but there's been so much other good stuff going on too.

Wednesday afternoon, after the kids and I finished a bike ride, we visited with an old friend, Michael; his wife; and their sweet new baby boy.

Friday, I worked almost a full workday, but I still managed to fit in an extra long walk and was rewarded with a glorious sunset on my way home.

The Goob continues on her hat-knitting kick, this time a Skull hat. I didn't even know she started this project until she brought it out of her room for blocking.

Saturday included an evening of contra dancing and it was a BLAST. The dance I went to was smaller than the one in this video and I wasn't nearly as adept at it as these folks, but the music was fun, the people were friendly, and before I knew it, two hours had passed by. There may be more of this in my future because, well, live music, fun people, laughs, and exercise all rolled up into one big party? Sign me up!


Yesterday, I got to visit with Lauren, who has been a friend since my very first day of school in this town, when I was 12. She was visiting from Toronto with her wife, Meg, and their two awesome little people, so we all met over at Lauren's parents' place. There's something really fabulous about hanging out with people you've known for that long, where you know the extended family and have such a solid history together.

In between it all, there has been knitting. My Minimalist cardigan looks much the same as it did a couple of days ago, only now the body is about 12" tall. Lovin' it.

Today, it was back to work and celebration of Jesse's 16th birthday, but I took a mid-day break for a walk on a rail trail, where the water is starting to freeze and the beavers have been very busy.

And now to drop the Goob off at a sewing studio where she's been spending Monday nights. This time, I'll pop over to the nearby house of a friend to spend the evening knitting and catching up with each other. Yay, life!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous CTJen said...

That dancing looks like SO MUCH FUN! I would totally sign up for some of that.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Love 2Bs said...

16? Holy Crap!

10:40 PM  
Blogger Rani said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. I am off to watch the video. I have no idea what contra dancing is - sounds rebellious. That hat. I bet she didn't have a pattern. How DOES she do it.

Happy 16th to the boy!!

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home