Sunday, October 25, 2009

just up the road

Wasn't it nice of the people who run Stitches events to schedule Stitches East about 10 minutes from my house? Leah and I didn't sign up for any classes, but we figured we'd go and check out the marketplace, at least. My mom joined in for the day too, keeping an eye out for a new project for herself.

We attended a demo and fashion show, ran into many folks we know, got a kick out of seeing Scott's stitch markers for sale in the Dye Dreams booth, and did some knitting on the very silly big sock that may eventually make its way into the Guinness Book of World Records.

Leah received about a zillion compliments on her Swallowtail shawl. She bought a few Zippy pins and a skein of yarn for another lace shawl. She was in search of an especially beautiful drop spindle, but didn't find one, so she'll browse on Etsy.

My mom loved this Dream In Color experimental yarn with the finest silver thread spun into it, so she bought enough to make a good-sized shawl and some beads to add a little weight and sparkle.
As for me? Well, before we went, I browsed the stash and rediscovered so much good yarn just bursting with possibility. I also emptied my knitting bag of the five current works-in-progress. And then I didn't buy a thing. Not a single thing! Plenty of temptations at Stitches, but really, an abundance of great options already at home and I am content with that.

Excellent guacamole and appetizers to round out the day, then home for some work and a call to my Gram, who is coming to visit soon. Yippee!!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger KnitsAtTrafficLights said...

Thank you for the preview of what to look forward at Stitches West! My LYS just got the Dream in Color with the silver in it. It is BEAUTIFUL!!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Rani said...

How fun! There can't have been many children their with their own hand-made swallowtail!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Wasn't that nice of Stitches! We made a last minute trip there Saturday. I did see Scotts stitch markers! Very cool!

I wish I had been restrained with my purchases as you. Although - I did go with a mental list and got everything I wanted. One extra item - some Zippy pins. How could you resist???

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home